Thursday, February 21, 2013

Player Profile: David Jetha

Age: 26

Hometown: Orlando, Fl (United States)

Occupation: CNA and Student

Team: -

Duration playing MTG: 9 years

Favorite Format(s):
Limited and Modern

Favorite Guild: Simic

Favorite Planeswalker Card: Elspeth, Sun's Champion

Fun Fact: 'I played Halo: Combat Evolved professionally for half a year when I was in high school!'

Accomplishments:

Top 8s:
Grand Prix Las Vegas (MM15 Sealed - 2015)

Pro Tour Appearances:
PT Khans of Tarkir: Honolulu, HI (Draft/Standard - 2014)
PT Magic Origins: Vancouver, BC (Draft/Standard - 2015)

David received his Bachelor's Degree at the University of Florida and now is studying Biology at the University of Central Florida. In 2011, he created 'MTG Casual Network' on Facebook that expanded into what we know today as 'Casual Net Gaming' and the blog at CasualNetGaming.com. David began his Magic career playing Casual Magic in the dormitories in Gainesville and slowly moved towards playing drafts at his local game store and EDH/Commander in his spare time. He started writing about Casual Magic in 2011 and moved towards more competitive content in late 2012 when he and his team started playing in the PTQ Gatecrash season.

David's most noteworthy accomplishment was a Top 8 performance at Grand Prix Las Vegas in 2015, the largest tournament in the world at the time. He completed Day 1 of Modern Masters 2015 Sealed at 7-2 and went undefeated in Day 2 of the Draft format, finishing in 7th place after Swiss Rounds. He was defeated in the Semifinals and finished the tournament in 4th place.

What does Magic mean to me?:

'Magic is something really special. It's a game I picked up a long time ago to play around with friends and just evolved over time into something that's a part of my life and personality. I really enjoy the strategy and complexity it carries, which always keeps the experience fresh and evolving. The game is almost like a universal language that helps me communicate with people I meet in my life. Teaching people how to play is an extremely rewarding experience, so I try to help out new players as much as I can when I have the opportunity. I've met a lot of great people and made many friends playing this game and I hope that I can continue to cultivate that experience in the years to come.'


Last Updated: 05-23-16

Check out the MTG Casual Net Archive and connect with us on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment