Monday, March 4, 2013

Player Profile: Francisco Javier Remy

Age: 25

Hometown: Orlando, Fl (United States)

Team: CasualNetGaming.com

Occupation:
Medical Records Clerk
Student

Duration playing MTG:
4 years

Favorite Format(s): EDH and Standard

Favorite Guild: Azorius

Favorite Planeswalker Card: Liliana of the Veil

Fun Fact: 'I play Super Smash Bros. Melee competitively; I consider myself one of the Top 20 players in the state of Florida.'

Accomplishments:

Top 8s:
N/A

Top 16s:
TCGPlayer.com 5K: Orlando, Fl (Standard - 2012)

Decks Currently Played:
UW Control (Standard)
B/U/G Infect (Modern)
GWb Maverick (Legacy)
Commander Decks

Javier earned a Bachelor's Degree from the University of Florida and is now working towards teaching certification in Orange County and applying to a graduate school program. Javier started playing Casual Magic with his roommates in college and mainly borrowed cards to start learning to play the game. Javier was inspired by his friend and now fellow CNG admin, Stephen Poindexter to draft Scars of Mirrodin in 2010 and caught the competitive bug soon after. Javier began playing Standard in local FNMs and accepted an admin position in 'MTG Casual Network' in early 2012.

Javier's most noteworthy accomplishment was winning a Top 16 finish at the TCGPlayer.com 5K in Orlando, Fl (2012) finishing with an impressive 7-2 record piloting Mono Black Infect. His deck was also featured on Daily MTG by professional Magic player, Conley Woods who praised Javier's list on its versatility with both aggressive and defensive game plans.

What does Magic mean to me?:

'Magic is a culture to be experienced. From the wide variety of people I've met playing this game to the language we use to describe it, Magic produces as much detail and depth as I am willing to seek out. If I just feel like making crazy plays with a bunch of friends and having a good time playing EDH, I can do that. If I feel like testing my mettle in a grueling, competitive event, that option is available too. Magic also helps me practice my teaching skills and flex my analytic muscles; any board state is just another puzzle waiting to be solved. Never underestimate the depth and scope of this game.'


Last Updated: 11-22-14

Check out the MTG Casual Net Archive and connect with us on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment